Not much going on here in London. It is getting dark a bit earlier, in the mornings I can see my breath, and our coat rack is slowly filling up as we bring warmer things into rotation and other little things that mean that winter is a’coming. I haven’t made pumpkin bread yet though- you’ll know it is cold when I make pumpkin bread. Some random things going on in our life lately:
- Mike’s work had a cake baking competition and we place 2nd out of 50. As you can imagine, we got robbed and are royally pissed. Please see picture below for proof of our awesomeness.
- We will be sending out Christmas cards this year for the first time in two years- I am starting early so that it will actually happen! If you think you may not be on our list email/facebook me your address!
- Speaking of Christmas, I walked through Harrods on Saturday and the Christmas shop is up and running and I am SO excited about Christmas this year!!
- We went to a white-collar boxing match last weekend and it was quite the experience. All I kept thinking was that the first rule about fight club is that nobody talks about fight club!
- We had friends over last week and I made the Pioneer Woman’s White Chicken Enchiladas and I think that I have found my new default enchilada. Duuuude they were good!
- The West Wing is still dominating my tv set and I would like to join in with all the other fans and voice my disappointment with the episodes after Sorkin left. It is still in my top tv shows ever list. The worst episode of West Wing is still better than the best episode of most shows on tv.
- I wish I had taken a graphic design class in college. Just because.
- This is my third corndog-less year in a row and that thought is really bumming me out.
- If someone can find a way to teleport me one, that would be great.
- They also have fried Frito chili pie. This make me sad on a whole new level.
- Fried Oreos sound really good. Now I’m hungry.
That is all that is happening over here but I will keep you posted if someone manages to teleport me a corndog.