This has been a hard week. Mike has been working long hours, and I have been staying after work on writing a paper for school. We have had lots of communication with the moving people this week and it is getting very complicated and very soon. All the stress has made me a little more neurotic than usual. However, it is the little things that always make me smile.
1. Dinner with Friends. Wednesday we went to Coal Vines with our church group. It was a great time. This great little pizza place/wine bar that seats about 75 managed to put together a table for 14 in just a few minutes. Mike and I split a white special pizza and it is the stuff pizza dreams are made of, we will definitely be going back!
2. Nana’s Taco Soup. Mike and I were planning the dinners for the week and when I asked him if he wanted my taco soup recipe or Nana’s for dinner on Thursday, he went silent and just looked around and tried to change the subject. I knew the answer and told him it was fine, Nana’s was my favorite too. Yesterday had been a long day and I was tempted to eat a sandwich instead, but I decided that the leftover soup would be so great for lunches this weekend so I plowed ahead. It was so good because it tasted like home and made me smile. I forgot to thaw the meat and my cornbread is NEVER as good as Nana’s but it was a success! The only thing that makes it better is eating it on 2nd avenue, but I’ll have to wait a bit for that again.
3. Resolutions to Problems. We were worried about some storage issues with our stuff and unsure of what the final outcome would be and it was becoming a source of stress. We have had some wonderful family offer to keep some of our stuff and who are so willing to do what’s best for us at the expense of their own storage space and we are so grateful. My red door will not have to be sacrificed!
4. Movers. This will also count as a blessing to all of you close to us- and your back and your knees. All the stuff that is going to London with us will not only be moved by movers but packed, bubble wrapped and hauled to the truck by movers. We don’t even have to go box begging. I do plan to stand around, Starbucks in hand, making sure no one drops my pretties.
5. The Office and 30 Rock!!!!!! New and back! I know that some of you can not stand these shows *cough* cough* Dad *cough *cough* but they were finally back after the strike and they warmed my heart and made me laugh! I cannot express to you how much I hate Alec Baldwin, but how much I love Jack Donaghy- his Capitalistic Reagan loving alter ego on 30 Rock. I laugh so hard I cry. The Office was priceless with the worst dinner party ever. Please watch so we can have something to talk about- or at least humor my Tracy Jordan impressions.
So as this week closed, we are both still pretty stressed and have to-do lists a mile long, but even in the hard weeks there are blessings around every corner!